HRIS is also known as a human resource information system or human resource management system (HRMS), is basically an intersection of human resources and information technology through HR software.This allows HR activities and processes to occur electronically.
Solutions offered by HRIS Systems
There are a number of solutions offered to a company that adopts a HRIS. Some of these include solutions in training, payroll, HR, compliance, and recruiting. The majority of quality HRIS systems include flexible designs that feature databases that are integrated with a wide range of features available. Ideally, they will also include the ability to create reports and analyze information quickly and accurately, in order to make the workforce easier to manage.
Human resource management systems enabled higher administrative control of such systems. Currently human resource management systems encompass:
- Record Attendance — The system allows the users to time in and time out.
- HR Information Database — At the heart of an HR system is the employee information database. HR systems can eliminate or reduce the need for hard-copy employee files, keeping all of the information very organized and easy to access in a virtual electronic filing cabinet.
- Employee Self-Service — Many companies find employee self-service to be an invaluable feature of HR systems. Employee self-service may allow employees to view and make changes to their information, submit Overtime/Official Business/Leave/ Attendance Adjustment/Change Shift Applications. Self-service portals are often accessible through any mobile device, increasing convenience and timeliness for employees and managers.
- Request Approval — Request Approval allows managers to approve overtime/official business/leave/ attendance adjustment/change shift requests made by the employees.
- Document Management — Document management is used to track, manage, and store documents of the employees and the company. This system is capable of keeping a record of the documents created and modified by different users (history tracking).
- Reports Generation — The system generates a variety of reports. These reports include employee files such as Attendance Report, DTR report, Leaves Report, Leaves Entitlement Report, Employee Details, Attendance Adjustment Report, Change Shift Report, Official Business, Overtime Report, Pay Slip, and Salary Movement Report.